Voting

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Letter to Little on his last day as a 1-year- old

To My Little,

Tomorrow you will be 2, which makes you no longer a baby (although you will always be our Baby Connor). This year has brought a lot of changes for you as you have really come into your own. God knew what our family needed before we did, which is why we got you. You have added a sense of balance to our family. You keep us all on our toes and laughing all the time. You are tough beyond words and have seen more than your fair share of bumps and bruises over the year. You are fearless in a way that is endearing and worrisome at the same time. It has never occurred to you that you can't (or shouldn't) do something.This is why your brother uses you as his guinea pig for new experiences. If Baby Connor can do it and come out alive, then he will consider trying it himself. You are sweet and easy going but you also know what you want and are not afraid to stand up for yourself. You have incredible confidence, and tend to be a huge flirt wherever we go. You demand attention when we are out and will work to get it when you find a stranger who dares not to acknowledge you.

You talk ALL THE TIME, and we are able to understand more and more of it every day. You like to sing, dance, draw and anything to do with balls. In fact you showed up several of the kids (including Big) on your brother's soccer team. You are smart, and funny and precious.

We didn't know how much we needed you to round us out, but we are so glad you are here. You make me laugh all day long and melt my heart with those big blue eyes, you will likely be your dad's golf buddy, and you keep your brother is check constantly.

I hope that 2 will be just as wonderful a year for you as 1 has been. I am sure that this time next year I will probably be wondering where all the time has gone (again). I miss holding you and rocking you to sleep as an infant, and watching you run and jump on those chubby little legs as a toddler, but I so look forward to seeing who you will become, whose hearts you will break, and what trouble you will get into. If I could give you a lifetime with out challenges I would but I am confident that you will be able to handle whatever comes your way and you will always have us here to support you. I love you more everyday. You and your brother each have a special bedtime song. I chose yours because it is everything I hope for my rough-and-tumble-wild-and-crazy-heart-of-gold-little boy. So, in the words of Bob Dylan

may God bless and keep you always
may your wishes all come true
may you always do for others
and let others do for you
may you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung
may you stay forever young

Happy Birthday Little





Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment