If you've ever read The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carl then you know that this is the line that runs through out the book. The caterpillar eats through more and more food everyday "but he was still hungry". That's a lot of what life with Little is like. The boy can EAT! It's true that he's no tiny little thing but even with that gut he has you would likely not believe how much he can eat. His brother is the same way and I live in fear of what our grocery bills will look in in ten years. Needless to say I thought a Very Hungry Caterpillar themed birthday party would be very suiting for Little. We celebrated his turning 2 last Saturday with family and friends and although a forecast for rain caused a last minute venue change, I think it all came together nicely.
We snacked on all the foods that the Caterpillar eats in the book (apples, oranges, cheese, salami, strawberries, cupcakes, and plums). We also added some pretty cute Caterpillar cookies, which the boys help make. I think due to all the last minute changes we had fewer kids show up than we thought, but this just meant more food for Little and Big- which we've already established is about the best birthday gift he could wish for!
No comments:
Post a Comment