Voting

Sunday, December 4, 2011

You only turn 3 once...

Yesterday we celebrated Big's 3rd birthday. I literally can't believe that he is so old already. At three you are no longer a baby or a toddler, at three you are a bon-a-fide kid. A kid with thoughts and opinions, likes and dislikes. A point of view on the world. The other day Big told me that he no longer likes carrots (although he has always eaten them before) and that showers are his "favorite" not baths. You get to decide these things when you're three I guess.

But in all seriousness, we love Big with all our hearts. He is quirky and goofy while being observant and thoughtful. I've said it before but he is a thinker and very intuitive. He has a soft heart and a curious mind. He wants to figure the world out but he is gonna do it in his own time and using his own methods. He loves a good pair of rain boots with some pj bottoms and likes to wear my belts with his toys stuck in them for easy playing access (looks like he got his dad's fashion sense!). He likes books, and baseball and fire trucks. He hates carrots (apparently), peas and popcorn. His favorite restaurant is Chipotle. His favorite show is Go Diego Go! and has a particular affinity for chocolate milk and ice cream. What a fascinating guy!

So back to the party (where this rant began). We went with a superhero theme and I spent a lot of nights making all the decorations, capes, and snacks. All in all I think it came together nicely, and even though we had to cancel the bounce house at the last minute due to rain I think the kids enjoyed themselves.



Before the chaos...

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

Decorating their masks and capes...

Pop Pop, did you turn Little into a "little devil"?

Felt pretty safe with all these superheroes about...

A meeting of the super minds...

best buds...

time to load up on sugar for some super energy...
the presents were great, but the tissue paper was really the highlight...

Happy Birthday Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment