Last night as I was getting ready for bed and reflecting back on my day I had a somewhat disturbing realization. My day was defined by poop. Other people's poop. In fact a lot of my days are defined by other people's poop. Two other people to be exact...The Brothers. Yesterday in particular poop was both a high and a low point in my day.
High point - Big pooped in the potty! There was a point in my life when I would have thought it a pretty lame day when someone pooping in the potty was a high point. But times are a changin and we are a potty trainin. And poop is a big deal, it's an accomplishment and a light at the end of the tunnel of diapers. I literally jumped for joy. Like I said there was a time in my life...
Low point - Little pooped in the bathroom cabinet. This is not an accomplishment and I did not jump for joy. There was a time in my life when this would have been very off-putting and well somethings never change. See what happened was The Brothers were taking a bath and Little was ready to get out so I let him play in the cabinet under the sink while I finished washing Big. He was having a good ole time, laughing and playing quietly by himself when I noticed an offensive odor. Little had pooped in the cabinet and was playing in it! So back into the bath we went. Shortly after everyone was clean (again) and I was scrubbing a poop stain off the bottom of the cabinet, I thought a) this is a first, I have never cleaned poop off a cabinet b) this is one of the crappiest parts of my day (pun intended) c) not a bad day.
No comments:
Post a Comment