Prolong: A little Blue's Clues background for ya, just so you might have the appropriate context for this post. Steve is the dude on Blue's Clues (a children's TV show) or at least I should say Steve was the original dude on Blue's Clues until he was replaced by Joe. Apparently Steve went off to "college" (aka rehab, I'm just assuming of course. I mean a 30 something year old man with a chili bowl haircut who sings and dances on a children's TV show where he is upstaged by a cartoon dog many actually be very content with his life, and may in fact have decided to forgo his lucrative day job for "college".) But I digress. So Steve was the guy on Blue's Clues until he passed the torch to Joe, who is younger, cooler and has better hair. Keep in mind it's all relative. Now you might think I am in no condition to be calling anyone uncool since I obviously know a little too much about Blue's Clues. The sad truth is that I happened to catch a special segment on Nick Jr. about the history of Blue's Clues which naturally featured the transition from Steve to Joe. That's right I said a special segment on the history of Blue's Clues, and yes I sat there and watched it because I was just too tired and lazy to get up or change the channel. Don't judge me. Anyways, I digress again.
But now that we're all up to speed on the back story of Steve vs. Joe, this is the actual conversation I found myself wrapped up in the evening when Big and I were so lucky as to catch the actual episode in which Steve teaches Joe all about Blue's Clues and then leaves for "college".
Me: Big, who do you like better Steve or Joe?
Big: Joe
Me: Yeah me too. Little who do you like better?
Little: ahhblahh ahbabababab
Big: He said he likes Steve.
Me: Really? But Joe is so much cooler. He is taller and doesn't wear his pants so high and isn't such a goober
Big: yeah and he has a green shirt (note: they both have green shirts)
This is one of the best conversations I had all day.
No comments:
Post a Comment